Starting a Meeting
While you'll probably need to reserve a room for your videoconference, actually initiating a videoconference is simple.
How to Call an Ad Hoc Conference on the IU Video Bridge
- Enter the service prefix 22 followed by the number of your choice (ex. 22-1234)
- Share the number with participants in other locations
How to Connect to a Videoconference on Your Desktop Computer
You can connect to an impromptu meeting using either Lync or Jabber Video (Movi). However, if you need a high-definition picture, use Jabber Video (Movi). Lync is only capable of low definition imaging.
- In the Lync search field, type the conference number followed by @vc.iu.edu
- Right click the resulting contact
- Select “start a video call”
Using Jabber Video (Movi)
- Enter the conference number in the Jabber Video (Movi) address bar
- Click the green "Start" button